.blog-pager, .footer, .post-footer, .feed-links, .sidebar { display:none !important;} #main-wrapper {width: 95%; float:none; margin: 0 auto !important;}

Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Sausage with Potatoes and Green Beans


I have had sausage, green beans, and potatoes before but never has it tasted as good as it did tonight. This recipe has so much flavor to it my husband said he wants me to add this to our regular recipe rotation. I am totally okay with that because it is so easy.  I did not measure any of the ingredients just kind of threw in what I thought would be right but I will try to make a guess so you can enjoy this recipe too.


Ingredients:
  •  Green Beans (¾ lb fresh, frozen or canned. I used 1 jar of ones I have canned myself)
  • 1/2 pound red potatoes, quartered
  • 1/2 Onion, sliced
  • 1 pound smoked sausage, cut into 1 inch pieces
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 1 tsp pepper
  • 1 clove minced garlic
  • Red pepper flakes (i just added a dash but add more if you like it spicier)
  •           3 tsp Vegetable oil
Preheat oven to 425.  Heat skillet (I used a cast iron skillet) then add 2 tsp of oil and cook sausage with the sliced onion jut until onion starts to become tender about 3-4 minutes stirring frequently. Pour into a 9x13 baking dish. 
Then add the potatoes and 1 tsp of oil to skillet and cook another 3-4 minutes, pour that into the baking dish. 
Add the green beans, salt,pepper, minced garlic, and red pepper flakes to skillet and cook about 1 minute. Add to baking dish and give it a quick stir. Cover with foil and bake for 45-50 minutes.


No comments:

Post a Comment