.blog-pager, .footer, .post-footer, .feed-links, .sidebar { display:none !important;} #main-wrapper {width: 95%; float:none; margin: 0 auto !important;}

Wednesday, November 14, 2012

A time for Everything


I can say that I have not been perfect in my challenge. Life will happen and self does get in the way.  I have found out that 30 minutes a day has been the real challenge.  When I started this, my plan was to wake up before the rest of the house and start my day with studying the Bible.  However, realistically I do have an infant who needs me throughout the night and I do not get the rest I would like. What do you do when you set big goals and there are things you want to do but it is unrealistic? Do you get discouraged and give up? 

Sometimes you just have to adapt. Through my bible study and prayer time I have realized that there is a time for everything and right now is just not my time to be awake early in the morning. The days are busy and there is not time to sit down and spend thirty minutes alone with God. I will share with you what it has taken me a week to understand. Does God care if I spend thirty minutes with him at one time? Does it make a difference to God if it’s at once or spread throughout the day? He doesn’t care when or how as long as I Do. 

What has worked best for me is I start the day by reading Psalms to the kids while they eat breakfast, then during school I can meditate on what I have read. I spend the morning in silent prayer and then in the afternoon when the kids have quiet time I will spend 10 minutes reading the Bible afterword’s, I will either work around the house, read a book, or take a nap. Throughout the rest of the afternoon I have time to meditate again on the scripture I had read and that goes on until right before bed when I do my short devotional and prayer time before I sleep.  I have noticed that this works so much better then spending thirty minutes at once reading scripture because I stretch it out throughout the day, I am focused more on God and prayer then I would be if I just did it in the morning.

There is an appointed time for everything. And there is a time for every event under heaven. (Ecc 3:1)

We are all in different times of our lives and It’s okay if you just can’t be what you strive to be like right now. Maybe it is just not the right time but one day when your kids get a little older and they want to sleep until noon, you will be able to find that thirty minutes in the morning maybe even an hour to have alone time with God. Don’t give up on things that you want. Find a way to adapt. 

No comments:

Post a Comment