.blog-pager, .footer, .post-footer, .feed-links, .sidebar { display:none !important;} #main-wrapper {width: 95%; float:none; margin: 0 auto !important;}

Thursday, November 15, 2012

Crockpot Beef and Noodles


Beef and Noodles are one of my favorite foods. I usually go to Amish Country once a year to get some.  I found a beef and noodles recipes that is the best beef and noodles I have ever had. They are also so easy to make in your crock pot, it doesn’t seem right they are so delicious.

Ingredients:
2-3lb Beef Roast
1 envelope Dry Beefy Onion Soup Mix (or the plain dry onion mix would work)
1 can Campbell's Beefy Mushroom Soup
1 tsp. of salt (if you like things saltier add another tsp)
7-10 cups of water (depends on the size of your crock pot)
1 package of Amish style noodles

The night before add all the ingredients to your crock pot except the noodles. Cook on low until about 1 ½ hours before you are ready to eat.Take the meat out and shred it with two forks. Since it cooked all night and all day it should be very very tender and my house smelled so good. I wanted to eat this for lunch but i made myself wait until dinner and I was happy I did.

 Put the meat back into the crock pot and add the noodles. Only stir when you first put the noodles in and do not stir again until your ready to serve. Cook for 1 ½ more hours.  I like my beef and noodles thicker so ½ hour before its done I will mix some flour and water together then add that to the beef and noodles to thicken it up.

This is so easy and I normally have all the ingredients on hand because I will buy my beef roast on sale and freeze it. Its great served with mashed potatoes and cooked carrots.


No comments:

Post a Comment